9.28.2015

Our Yosemite adventure







Yosemite was unlike anything I've ever seen before. I mean like a lot of the canyons and trees reminded me of Provo canyon and places in Salt Lake City but still the granite cliffs left me without words. 


Doesn't that look like Jurassic park???


After our 4 hour drive from San Jose to Yosemite we drove into camp around 11:30pm and slept in the line of people hoping to get a spot in the camp. The next morning  at 7AM the slots were given out and we barely got the last spot number HALELUJIAH!

We set up camp and then left to hike to vernal falls. We got to the falls and sat on a rock right in front of the spray of water. It was relaxing and sparkly. I did an abstract of the wall and laughed because it really did turn out abstract




Hot dogs or legs forever. 


We hiked back down and I saw this perfect photo opp. Like look how gorgeous!!! I told Mike that I didn't need to take any more photos the whole weekend because that photo was pretty enough. He said ok I'll hold you to it. But of course I took more hahahaha 



He is so cutie. 



We explored around the Yosemite village, ate dinner at one of the shops, played spit and rummy before crawling into our comfy tent to sleep at like 8 pm. 

The best thing we did was drive up to tunnel view and take in the sights. It was such an amazing view I felt like my brain couldn't fathom it. Like it just didn't process in my mind what my eyes were seeing. You could see each of the major granite cliffs including half dome in the way back. 




Wow wow wow like wow that view!!!!! I loved doing this trip to Yosemite so spontaneously with Mike. It was short, sweet and I'll never forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment