9.23.2015

my thoughts on The Catcher in the Rye

here's a thing that I LOVE about my husband--he is so well read. He's read classic literature, fun novels, deep stories, and his favorite--Russian literature. I really enjoy talking about stories we've both read and loved so that's why I try and read everything he's already finished! And vice versa. 

He's given me so many good read suggestions--the most recent was The Catcher in the Rye. aaaaaand before that was the Dan Brown da Vinci code series (I am not joking or exaggerating when I say I literally couldn't put them down!! Highly suggest reading them) 

so anyways back to The Catcher in the Rye. I never read this book during high school (weird I know) so I figured it was time. 


I loved this book.

 I cried and laughed. I laughed more than I cried. There were SO many times where I felt that I was psychoanalyzing the boy Holden. It was such an amazing book there's no wonder it's a staple read in American schools. I loved it. 

some favorite quotes/one liners from Mr. Holden Caulfield:

"She was ostracizing the hell out of me."

"I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, even if they're sort of stupid you fall half in love with them and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

"I worry about that stuff sometimes. I read this book once…… He said in this one part that a woman's body is like a violin and all, and that it takes a terrific musician to play it right. in a way that's why I sort of why I wanted to get some practicing, in case I ever get married."

I don't know why that last one is so endearing to me. Like he's 16 and is nervous about being able to please his marital partner someday like that's so sweet!!??

Anyway, so now it's your turn to fall in love with this story. And also any Dan Brown book, they're seriously so intriguing!!!!¡!!


No comments:

Post a Comment