9.09.2015

Sleepy in Seattle


We flew into Seattle from Alaska around 8 PM and were stuck for two days. We were so tired from traveling back from Alaska and being in an airport for 90234958 hours BUT we pressed on--Seattle had to be explored while we were here! Luckily Mike has family and friends up here so we had places to crash. The next morning however we had some time to kill during the day before our early flight so it was off to the city!


He's the Tom Hanks to my Meg Ryan <3<3<3<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I watched Sleepless in Seattle on the flight and legit cried because it's such a great show. My favorite quote was this one describing love at first sight or falling in love:

“Well, it was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together... and I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home... "




The only things I know about Seattle are mostly related to Tom hanks and Meg Ryan sooooo we had lots to explore. Mike and I began by taking the bus into Pikes place and hanging there for a couple hours. We saw the market, tried samples and ate Russian food at piroshki piroshki.


The gum wall was disgusting. Just absolutely disgusting. That's it.


Look how ghetto we were, lugging our sleeping bags and backpacks everywhere hahaha GLAMOROUS TRAVELING YAS

We rode the Great Wheel down by the dock and saw the whole city spread out in front of us. The wheel wasn't that massive or "great" but it was still really cool to see the city from so high up. There were so many cool things I noticed about downtown: the architecture was strong and different but not overbearing, the signs were sarcastic and had funny humor, and there was secret art in hidden places you wouldn't normally look. 


We spotted a park that was a top a parking garage. That was pretty neat. I ate some gelato from Gelatiamo that was so yummy it tingled my tongue for a while afterwards. 



Our trip to Alaska was so awesome, and Seattle was just a bonus! It was such an exciting, challenging, refreshing and exhausting adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment