12.15.2015

Sailing the San Blas


Mike and I had such a wonderful time sailing through the San Blas islands. We spent 5 days on our little sailboat sailing to different islands around the coast of Panama. It was gorgeous, relaxing and just totally unreal.



The very first day was spent sailing straight through the open Caribbean ocean from Cartagena, Colombia to the islands near Panama.  Mike and I both barfed within 10 minutes of each other because of the rockiness of the waves so that was fun haha. The next morning we were in calm seas near the islands and we both felt GREAT! I think we both just felt so ready to party on the beaches! 


We snorkeled through an underwater shipwreck and it was the most amazing thing of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I was having trouble breathing because I was shouting the entire time "LOOK AT THAT FISH OMG LOOK AT THAT CORAL WHOA HOLY LOOK AT THAT OTHER FISH!!!!" Like I could not calm down--it was so amazing! 




We partied every night completely sober and it was so fun! We danced on our boat and stargazed before bed. It was so relaxing and honestly I didn't take a whole lot of photos or videos of the trip. Too busy living the life instead of documenting it haha it was so great.




A highlight from our trip was when people on the boat asked us about being mormons. Every single day someone would ask a new question about our religion and we got to have great discussions about how we live our lives. Everyone was so kind, polite and curious! It was so nice to share our beliefs in such a great atmosphere.



No comments:

Post a Comment