3.24.2016

Finance stuff---again!


I was cleaning out my iPhone camera roll because hello 1,659 photos was too much for my storage to handle--and I became nostalgic for all the adventures Mike and I have been on since meeting each other in 2014. From my experience I expected us to take one trip per year and that's all. But with Mike and his perspective and savvy money skills, we've been on tons of buses, a bunch of flights, and lots of different beaches, hostels, hotels, mountain lodges, and boats! Because of the way Mike has lived his life--saving everything and not overspending on unnecessary things--we have had the money and financial freedom to explore the world and travel(which is what we really want to do right now!)

Anyway, I saw this quote the other day and loved how it says to not worry about the money--just make it work for you.

Travel while you're young and able. Don't worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.:

That is the way Mike lives and how I have learned to live. Instead of letting money work you, you make it work for you. We stretched every single penny and peso in order to get to the places we wanted to go. I had no idea how many free things you could do too! I'm so glad that my parents taught me the importance of saving for your dreams and goals and then spending only on what it worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment