2.18.2012

a post about Star Wars, really?


yes really! Today I babysat the three Saunders boys and took them out to see Star Wars: Phantom Menace in 3D and... it blew my mind. I mean, wow, how epic are these movies!! It felt like I was watching it for the first time ever.

do you just MELT inside when you see this face?? i do.

During the movie I pulled my phone out (chill out) to write down quotes that I had never even remembered hearing the first time I watched the movie.

here's one:

When the Jedi Council is examining young Anakin, Yoda asks about his mother and how Anakin is afraid to lose her. Anakin asks what that has to do with anything and Yoda replies, "Everything! Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” you go, Yoda.

 favorite:


Obi-Wan: But Master Yoda says I should be mindful of the future. 

Qui-Gon Jinn: But not at the expense of the moment.

I mean that is DEEEEP ^  Liam Neeson is pretty much the greatest Jedi ever and Ewan McGregor is also quite awesome.and also quite a handsome man.

and of course, the tearjerking scene when Ani says goodbye to his mom:

Shmi Skywalker: You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting. 

     ohhh so sweet!

and yes, of course,
...I teared up at Qui-Gon's death. so sad. 


oh wow I love Star Wars



No comments:

Post a Comment