2.16.2012

awkward and awesome thursday


Awkward:
-being asked to be a spanish tutor when i am most definitely NOT fluent. gracias pero yo hablo espanol UN poquito!


-2nd graders not knowing what the Wizard of Oz is...*


-just found some lovely photos on my webcam that i took during Wisdom Teeth Week when i was drugged up...don't ask..cause i dont know..??


...sunglasses? turban???













Awesome:
-volunteering at local elementary school. kids are so funny and adorable.


-my workout this morning: DANCING. ** 


-celebrating Freddie Frog's birthday by going out to eat with the family! :)


-finding delicious lollipops in my purse from the Primary Presidency for teaching the sunbeams. SO AWESOME


-JJ's new found feature on his camera "Long Shutter" makes everything look like TRON! we're taking more photos tonight.  :)


flashlights work better than glowsticks
*when i volunteered today at the elementary school in art class, i complimented a young kid on his drawings of tornadoes! i said, "those look great! just like in Wizard of Oz!" he and the girl sitting next to him stared at me blankly while the girl quietly asked, "what's the wizard of oz?"...awkward.
     in my head i was all, OH.MY.GOODNESS. this generation doesn't know wizard of oz?! I admit that i never actually liked the movie but still. flying monkeys and red ruby slippers!?
COME ON it's a classic.



**i love Just Dance 3 with Kinect! i use it the most in our household..they have that fun option called Sweat It Out and you earn Sweat points by just dancing! best.thing.ever.
       Dear Sarah Kay, now i understand what you mean when you say you feel "strong and powerful" when you run. well I feel like that when I dance!
You freak out mom when you say "i'm dropping out of school and living in the mountains with my vibrams and granola." well I freak out mom when I say "I'm changing my major to interpretive dance and i'll splurge my money away on tutus and ribbons." ha. but really though...


2 comments:

  1. Gaaaahahahahahaha! Love this!

    ISHEL. Let's both just drop out of school and live our dreams! Perfect. Sorry Mom.

    (You like tutus that much?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haahaha ok Sarah LETS DO IT!

    haha i'm switching tutus for dance clothes :)

    ReplyDelete