10.19.2015

TO PERU WE GO!



Traveling is a way of praising God and His creations


I've been pondering on this specific thought for a while now......

A little bit ago I was reminiscing all the places Mike and I have traveled since meeting each other last summer and had an epiphany. Looking back at photos and my journal entries I came to find that I am happiest when I am spending time with Mike in a beautiful place. (wow so cliche lol who wouldn't be happy about that??)

Avila Beach, CA where we almost got pooped on my bomber seagulls

I found that I felt the Spirit in these places and was able to really appreciate the beauty of the earth. This beautiful earth has so much to offer and what better way to praise our maker by appreciating as much as we can in this lifetime?

I came to see that the best moments in the past year have been when Mike and I took time to soak in and appreciate our surroundings. Walking through colorful Alaskan woods, sailing past the famous arch in Cabo, laughing and dancing on the beach in Santa Barbara and even taking a run around our suburban neighborhood and catching the last gorgeous streaks of the Californian sunset.

For me, traveling is something I've always wanted to do but never thought I was old enough/rich enough/had time in between school and work. For Mike, traveling is a way of life. He has visited every single continent except South America & Antarctica. He is my inspiration and pushes me out of my comfort zone and into the world. I love him so much and love all the places we've been!

us in Capitola, CA after three months of dating
Celebrating 2015 New Years in Waimanalo Bay, HAWAII 
Muir Woods in Northern California after I moved to Palo Alto to be closer to Mike
in San Francisco where we first said, "I love you" 
PDA in Monterrey 
PDA in Cabo as well hahaha but hey it was our honeymoon 

Camping in Carpinteria during our Pacific Coast Highway road trip!
exploring Seattle on a 36 hr layover.....
fishing in ALASKA!
in front of a green screen.....kidding---Yosemite

SO anyway, Mike and I have worked non-stop at our awesome full time jobs since last July (for Mike) and this January (for me). We've lived with a super frugal mindset in order to accomplish our dreams. We've had our hearts set on traveling together since we met in Moab last June and we've already done so much in the past 16 months. Our Cabo honeymoon, Seattle/Alaska adventure and California road trip down the Pacific Coast Highway was just a small taste of the travels we're about to embark on.

We've been dreaming, scheming and planning this upcoming trip for months and months. And now, in hours(!!!!) we are both so excited to be getting on an international flight to Peru to travel around South America!!!!!


Fun Fact: When I was 13 I was lucky enough to travel around Peru & Ecuador on a three week long humanitarian mission trip.

HAHAHA at 13 yr old me
seriously I'm a fetus


My grandpa worked for the Benson Agricultural Institute and was our host/tour guide/Spanish translator. We got to hike Macchu Picchu and drive through the Ecuadorian mountains. My sister and I raised money in our community to bring school supplies to a small school in a village in Ecuador. I discovered my passion there at that school--creating art with kids. I knew in that moment that I wanted to be an art teacher.

It was an unforgettable experience that I'll always treasure. I am so constantly in awe of my God and His creations! My love for this earth is growing and growing with each trip I feel like I might burst! My time in Peru & Ecuador was amazing and truly humbling. And now I'm so excited to get to show Mike the hidden world of Machu Picchu and explore new parts of Peru& Ecuador with him!


oh yeah and we bought a selfie stick so GET STOKED FOR NO MORE STRANGERS TAKING UGLY PHOTOS CUZ I KNOW I AM LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment