10.05.2015

PCH Log: Day 1




Day 1
First night in Big Sur 
October 4 2015
My amazing cousin Courtney and her little family gave me the lowdown on what to do in Big Sur while we passed through here. 
Our first thing we did to check off her suggestions list was camp at Ventana Campgrounds. It's $50 a night and right across from the Post Inn Ranch which costs $800-$1,000 a night. 


Our little campsite was perfect size and secluded enough I feel safe peeing behind the trees. Haha sorry tmi??
We hiked up to Pfeiffer Falls which turned out to be Pfeiffer sprinkle due to the drought and also it being October not April. 
A little note to do your best to not pay for parking. We parked on the side of the road for free and walked right into the park. I was laughing because our car was right next to the fence I mean we saved $10 just for walking across the road! 
We came back to camp and cooked our tinfoil dinners. Another thanks to Courtney for giving me the best tinfoil dinner recipe ever: chicken, tater tots, broccoli and cheese. Oh my gosh it was so good. Plus the gas station ketchup packets Mike snagged were the cherries on top haha. 





Now we're listening to 'The Martian' while cuddling in our tent. It's an intriguing and attention grabbing book--I'm excited to see the movie! I think Matt Damon will perform well for the role.
Laying on the ground of our tent looking up at the sky is a memory I'll never forget. The sun slowly setting against the towering redwood trees. We're completely surrounded by these beauties and they smell so amazing. I love smells of camping: the fire, the smoky overlay, the overwhelming nature scent and the stench of campsite bathrooms haha jk these Ventana bathrooms are the NICEST POTTIES EVER. Seriously the cleanest bathroom I've ever been in. Like they sparkle.  Way to go to the camping staff. 
I'm falling asleep and it's only 8. Serenaded to sleep by the crickets and night sounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment