10.14.2015

Dancing in the ocean sunset


Last week as we were making our way down the California coast we decided to camp at an ocean state park. After some hassle and unhelpful camp service, Mike and I set up our camp in Carpinteria campground near Santa Barbara. We were right by the sand that led down to the ocean. After grilling hot dogs for dinner we sat on a towel and watched the sun set. 

I set up my camera and made Mike pose for photos. It was such a gorgeous backdrop with the ocean and sky colors. We were laughing a lot and being silly. Then we started dancing. It was some intense dancing. We did lifts and jumps and dips all over the sand and with the sunset right behind us. We were in warm clothes because of the wind but after our little routine we were both sweating. 

It was so happy and spontaneous. I took this portrait of Mike and it's my favorite photo of him thus far. He is so happy. It totally captures his carefree personality. I love him so much it hertz. 


No comments:

Post a Comment