12.05.2015

Tayrona National Park, Colombia




I like to let Wikipedia do all the work for me so according to them,
The Tayrona National Natural Park is a protected area in the Colombian northern Caribbean region and within the jurisdiction of the Department of Magdalena and 34 kilometers from the city of Santa Marta.
Basically it's this gorgeous park that has incredible beaches and stunning views. It's also home to indigenous people who actually had the park closed for the month of November because of all the 'bad spirits' that foreigners were bringing in. Mike and I were bummed at first because we wouldn't be able to make it to the park in December(because our boat was leaving so soon) but then we switched schedules around so we could fit just two short days at this park! It looked that inviting to us!




Mike and I set out for Tayrona early in the morning. We rode the bus at 7 to get there at 8 and were one of the first groups into the park. We hiked SO quickly that we ended up passing everyone else on the hike and made it to our hammock lodge in record timing--we were the very first gringos there! We celebrated by jumping into the beautiful clear water--after securing our hammocks (#1 and #2 of course)


Every single viewpoint of this place was stunning. We explored around and just couldn't help but laugh at our luck. We are so grateful to have this privilege of traveling the world together as newlyweds. It's insane to me that we are here in Colombia right now, about to get on a boat and sail through islands up to Panama. Like I NEVER would have even dreamed of doing something this amazing as a newlywed. Mike is a travel genius and really needs to write a book or something. I've learned so much from him. He's opened my eyes to what you can really do with little money. I love him so much.



Now we're off to board our boat that will take us through the San Blas islands up to Panama. Life really does not feel real right now. It's blazing hot here in Cartagena and maybe I have heatstroke but really our life right now seems like a dream. I'm so excited to get on our boat and sail away with Mike. I will update sometime next week....maybe hahaha k bye I'm off to go and live like a pirate!

No comments:

Post a Comment