12.03.2015

Finally a beach!

lol so this annoying space is still here but no time to try and fix it now.......

anyway I am so happy because for the next couple weeks my blog will be nothing but beach photos.For the past 6 weeks Mike and I have trekked through jungles, scaled volcanoes, hiked up ancient ruins and basically spent zero time in swimsuits....except for the Amazon jungle--that was heaven.







Idk if I've said this before but like I'm a legit mermaid and so being away from water for so long was taking its toll on me. For the past four days Mike and I have been living in our swimsuits and lounging on the beach or at our hostel pool. And now that I have sand in my swimsuit and a fresh tan(burn lol) on me I feel SO much better.



I've thought about how I came to love the ocean so much and really it all began when I was born. I've lived mostly by the coast by entire life except for moving to Utah & Colorado for a short time. I enjoyed the beach in North Carolina, New Jersey, Virginia and Mexico when I lived there as a 7 yr old. I was trained in the salty, sandy mermaid ways since a little child.



I'll write more about our time in Tayrona later....we're off to Cartegena now and losing our internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment