12.20.2015

Peter Pan


I recently changed my blog title typography and I think it looks so good. Like I love the script and brush of the letters so much. Also, I love the meaning behind my title.

"an awfully big adventure"

It's a quote from my ultimate favorite story: Peter Pan. I remember watching the disney movie when I was little but not really liking it because all of the annoying songs hahaha but then my Dad bought me a beautiful hardcover book of Peter Pan when I turned 11--and I was hooked.

I read and re-read the story, watched every movie I could find related to Peter and had dreams about flying away to Neverland. Oh my goodness I love the way J.M. Barrie tells us the story of Peter and Wendy. It's a beautiful masterpiece of emotions, -----and adventure.

The main thing I love about Peter Pan is the cliche idea of 'never growing up'. The people I am most drawn to are the ones who don't take themselves seriously and aren't afraid to be a little silly. It is so refreshing to see someone be REAL and dance, sing, laugh or just talk in the most genuine way. I want to live my life like Peter, not recklessly but with the perspective that we aren't on this earth for very long so make the best of it and don't think of yourself as a big deal because YOU'RE NOT. I love the contrast between Mr. Darling and Peter--the pull between caring what the neighbors think and the allure of being a naive child. It's such a great motif of choosing to care about status or choosing to let yourself be free from the conformity of society. whoooooaaaaa too deep haha but really I highly recommend reading Peter Pan with this new perspective.

SO there you have it, I love Peter Pan. I also fell very much in love with the 2003 Peter Pan movie--featuring Jeremy Sumter. My 11 year old heart still beats for him, is that weird??

THIS GIF <3<3<3<3<3

<3 Jeremy Sumpter. <3 Peter Pan:




No comments:

Post a Comment