12.31.2015

2015 Year in Review


2014 used to be the best year of my life because I met Mike and fell in love. But 2015 totally topped that because I WENT AND MARRIED HIM!


So I was looking back through all my VSCO cam photos from 2015 when I became totally overwhelmed. All the images in my gallery unleashed memories from the past year and I started to cry a little because 2015 was the most blessed year I've ever had. 

I wrote down all the miracles that I could think of and this post is an edited version with photos to correlate! This post is also really for me to record and remember all the good things that came into my life this past year.

Wow, 2015. It was a big year full of uncertainties, doubt, love, excitement, growth and major decisions. 


JANUARY:
2015 began on a relaxing note with a beautiful trip to Hawaii with Mike and his parents. I learned that Hawaii is an unbelievably picturesque place. The entire trip was lovely.



Instead of flying back to Utah after the trip, I flew with Mike to San Francisco to start a new chapter! I took a risk to move away from friends and family to be with a guy I loved and the Lord blessed my path and led us closer together so we could be married. I was completely and totally unprepared for all the good things that happened to me this year. 

I was able to stay with my sweet cousin in California until I found a job--which was by far the best job I've ever had nannying two hilarious boys. 


I was given a car with the amazing job and then I was blessed with a family who literally took me in and treated me so kindly I'll never be able to repay them. Oh man I'm crying while I type this. It just blows my mind that the Lord set these miracles in my path at the time when I was feeling so lost and scared--scared about my sister's future, nervous about being so far away in Palo Alto and wondering how my future with Mike would turn out. 


At the time I felt totally overwhelmed and grateful and now looking back on time in California I am STILL totally overwhelmed and grateful. I was blessed with so many angels who helped house me, love me and give me purpose. My church welcomed me with open arms, Mike and I fell so much more in love and California began to feel just like home.


When we became engaged it felt like a triumphant victory for all of us, me, Mike, our ward and the families who were helping me. It was as if everything in my life had led me to that moment. It felt so wonderful to commit myself to him and him to me.

FEBRUARY- APRIL:
more happy, beautiful, wonderful times spent working and being with Mike.



MAY: 
May 1st we were engaged! At the end of May I flew out to Utah for my best friend's wedding and also dominated my massive wedding to-do list

even my dress made me feel special LOL
JUNE:
June was great too--full of fun and wedding planning.



JULY:
We were married on the 31st! It was THE BEST PARTY EVER! It was also the happiest, funniest, most exciting and glorious day in my lifetime.






AUGUST:
We got married on July 31st so the very next day was a brand new month! Right after the wedding we hopped on a plane and honeymooned in Cabo, Mexico.


SEPTEMBER:
Mike and I went back to California to finish out our jobs. My amazing sis just finished her chemotherapy treatments and came out to visit us in the city.


Mike and I joined his family on their annual Alaskan fishing trip--that's fish guts on my face hahaha



OCTOBER:
Mike and I finished our time in California and took a road trip with our stuff back to Salt Lake City! We drove from San Francisco to Newport to SLC. We hit up all the great hikes and beaches down the west coast. Driving through Big Sur was a huge highlight and all the beaches surrounding L.A. were seriously sooooo nice. I tried spotting Gigi Hadid while we were in Malibu but no luck.








OCTOBER-DECEMBER:
Mike and I took a chance and made a plan to travel around South America for a time before Christmas. It was a trip of a lifetime!!



We explored Peru, Ecuador, Colombia and Panama in under 3 months! It was challenging, exciting, humbling and just amazing to see so many incredible parts of this beautiful earth with the love of my life. We are so blessed and grateful that we were able to have that unforgettable trip.









Seriously what a year. I still can't believe how much has happened in just the past 12 months. Like how could I ever be sad or ungrateful? So many good things have come into my life and I really need to appreciate them. This life is so good and there's so much we can do if only we set goals, pray and rely on the Lord's help. 

I'm so glad that I have documented my life so well this past year and hope to keep it up in the years to come through blogging, journaling and taking photos. 2015 was so great I'm really going to miss it. Like it is going to be so hard to beat--especially while I'm just finishing up school and stuff-BORING lol jk--but I'm excited for a fresh start. So here's to 2016 and all it brings!


also, some bloopers. this was when I got the worst sunburn of my life--RIGHT ON MY FACE!!





 Is this strange angle becoming a trend in my life?? lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment