2.04.2015

thoughts on February


So. some thoughts on the first couple days of February:

I finished Sarah's Key--SUCH a great book. very cool and dynamic way the book was presented, being written in the past and present. two stories merged into one big, connected heartbreaking tale of a woman's discovering the story of a little girl's journey during the holocaust in France.

I also finished Americanah by chimamanda ngozi adichie--ALSO SUCH A GREAT BOOK. So raw and bold. It was the very detailed and honest story of a girl from Nigeria emigrating to the U.S. So many stories and quotes really stuck out to me. I loved how even the mundane details were described like cooking coconut rice or folding clothes. It was heavy at some times though, the way the main girl went through relationships. It was so honest and relatable sometimes. Like yeah I've had so many what ifs with dating guys and even more what-could-have-beens but in the end it's all about timing, deep connection and the very vulnerable yet real need to be with eachother.  I also really enjoyed the accents during the whole thing (I listened to it on Audible) like wow the narrator is a BOSS at her job.

Visited the Stanford art gallery today and it was cool. The babies that I nanny were not that interested though so it was a short visit. But it made for an adorable photo though. 


I also just got pulled over.........I'm super over it and so we're done talking about that. 

Well February, it's been real. But let's get this over with so it can be spring already. 




No comments:

Post a Comment