2.15.2015

happy balentime's


what a fun weekend it was.

on Friday after work I gave my nanny family a little Valentine book that I had made complete with photos of their kiddos and funny sayings from Jack and James. It was such a sweet way to start the weekend of love by creating a mini snapshot of their family at this moment in time. I want to do that same thing with my own kids someday!

Friday night we did a Costco run! It was so fun to run around the huge store with Mike and pick out food together. It's the first time since I've moved out here that we shopped together. I love making him sandwiches and salads for work. We are both eating SO MUCH healthier now that I'm here haha.

So. Now onto the weekend. 
This weekend I really learned that when you set your expectations low, EVERYTHING turns out to be totally awesome. I love being spontaneous with Mike and learning to go with the flow.

We started the day with breakfast and then set out for Half Moon bay! the whole afternoon consisted of us lounging on the beach and straight relaxing. 





For dinner we booked a sunset view table at Sam's Chowder house--like we sat down and the sun set 5 minutes later!! It was perfect timing! We ate Shrimp linguini and delicious sourdough till out stomachs hurt. 



Then we drove back home through awful traffic that made the usually 30 min trip into an hour and a half. UGH mike hates traffic but was a sweetheart and drove us home safe.

I love california. I love living in Palo Alto and being so close to so many different fun places! Like we have the mountatins, the beach and the city all in an hour driving distance. It's insanely awesome.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment