7.12.2015

perfection

perfection aka I'M ALL ABOUT THAT WABI SABI LYFE

these thoughts have been hanging out in the back of my brain for a while....they keep popping up when I'm designing the reception....cleaning out my closet....or when I'm painting an abstract piece......and suddenly this evening I decided that they're ready for the internet so yay!

Imperfection.

While designing my bouquet, reception decorations and bridal party colors I noticed something similar in all my inspiration photos; they all were mismatched. a little messy. effortless. imperfect.

I did some research on myself and found that all the flowers, decorations, foods, clothing, living spaces and even art that I get inspired by is imperfect yet beautifully balanced. I let my thoughts mull over about what this means....I'm most definitely not OCD about anything except maybe being late but that's just good manners right? I'm not a messy person but I am most definitely imperfect so that makes sense.

This led to more research on what this affinity for imperfectly balanced lifestyle is.....and it led me to wabi sabi.

Wabi-sabi
--represents a comprehensive Japanese world view or aesthetic centered on the acceptance of transience and imperfection. The aesthetic is sometimes described as one of beauty that is "imperfect, impermanent, and incomplete"

I've read up on wabi-sabi and it.just.gets.me. There are so many things in my life that coincide with wabi-sabi like:

my favorite time of day: the few moments before bed. when your hair is messy and your pajamas are lopsided. you're tired from the day and excited to start dreaming. you crawl into bed in a big relaxed pile of mess.

my favorite place to be: the coast. staring off into the frothy ocean. the waves lazily roll and tumble over each other. seashells litter the sand and end up in your hair and bathing suit lining. your dirty feet get sand all over the car but you don't care cause you're happy and filled to the brim with fresh, salty air.

my new life philosophy: nothing is perfect so don't even stress about it.

I came to find that I really do love when things are effortless and imperfect; yet balanced and pleasing. I want to keep accepting imperfection in my life--no, not just accepting it, but striving for it! This is an interesting paradox to try and understand. But I hope to keep working on it my whole life. 



weekends....Caroline Z Hurley for Anthology | Nicole Franzen


Image By Divine Day Photography. - A Modern And Sophisticated Wedding At Borgo Santo Pietro In Tuscany With A Tom Ford Wedding Dress And Alexander Wang Bridesmaid Dresses By Divine Day Photography.

A noiva e as madrinhas


 cy twombly working on the bolsena paintings. ugo mulas, bolsena 1969.


Turks & Caicos

No comments:

Post a Comment