3.10.2015

first trek back to UT


I have really missed my family. California is wonderful but ever since Sarah was diagnosed it is harder for us to be apart for so long. A trip to Utah was much needed. 
My amazing mom and little sister flew out all the way from Virginia just to visit Sarah Kay and I for a week! It was a week packed to the brim of fun, food and reconnecting. We didn't get much sleep but you can sleep when you're dead right???
The weekend began with me surprising my best friend Steph and going to a Bleachers concert together. It was like something out of a movie. The concert was spectacular and being there with people who appreciate his music was even more fun. 



The next day our family cheered on a couple hundred people who ran in the Rex Lee Run, a charity run to raise money for cancer research. It was amazing and inspirational to see so many people running in support of all the people they know suffering from cancer. 


Sarah Kay got tired walking back to the bleachers so I carried her as any good sister would. 


We spent the rest of the weekend painting, cooking, watching movies, visiting family, cuddling and just soaking up every second together. We visited the Temple and did baptisms for the dead (our monthly tradition) and added lots of happy art to Sarah Kay's wall of art in her and Derek's apartment.




I'm so excited for the next reunion we get to have sometime in May (hopefully) except this time we want Dad to come! 





No comments:

Post a Comment