3.22.2015

everybody loves a good surprise


Mike and I decided on Wednesday to fly out to SLC on Friday to surprise his Mother for her 65th birthday! Cause everybody loves a good surprise, right??


It was so fun to get on an airplane WITH Mike instead of leaving him behind in California. We planned on waking up at 3:30 AM to make it to the airport by 5 to make it on our flight by 6:15. But my alarm didn't go off and we ended up waking up at 4:45! We rushed out of the house in record timing and sped to the airport in less than 20 minutes. It was unbelievable that we got there so quickly. I love how Mike is so great at being speedy!! We make a great team. We made our flight on Standby (THANK GOODNESS) and got to SLC at 10 in the morning.

On our way to his home Mike bought flowers for his mom and walked into the front room while she was there. Her face was COMPLETELY shocked and couldn't believe he was there! He had told her earlier that he had lots to do at work and would be very busy this weekend but hoped she had a great birthday. Little did she know he was on a flight to see her!

We had lots of fun doing birthday stuff and eating out--oh and watching tons of March Madness. I made my first bracket this year and it has made the games so much more fun! We get so invested in each game and want our bracket to win it all! I'm ultimately rooting for Duke to go all the way so we will see what really goes down.

Tonight I'm off to see Sarah Kay and Derek and can't wait to be with them! It's only been two full weeks but I already miss my sis. It'll be so good to be reunited again.











No comments:

Post a Comment