11.24.2015

Time's going too fast......

this was us hiking up to the summit of Pasachoa in Ecuador, an extinct volcano opposite of Cotopaxi. 
We're halfway through our 2 month trip around South America! I'm so sad. But excited to come home. But still sad. Anyway, Mike and I were looking through my posts the other day and ended up re-reading my thoughts on appreciating God's creations by traveling the world. Since traveling around Peru, Ecuador and now Colombia for the last four weeks, Mike and I have seen some of God's greatest creations (I think).  The nature that we've been surrounded with is overwhelming! I've thought about the mountains, jungles, rivers and volcanoes we've traveled to and enjoyed. We've been able to walk, climb, boat and hike to such amazing places that are for the most part untouched by civilization. Basically, I've just fallen more and more in love with beautiful, rugged, raw nature.

I definitely have such a huge desire to travel to Europe and see all the gorgeous art, architecture, cities and history there but that's what man created. I do firmly believe that God inspired all these masterpieces to come into existence and I'm so very excited someday to see them in person. But right now on this specific trip, Mike and I are intent on seeing as many mountains, trees, waterfalls, volcanoes, beaches and rivers as we possible can. It's been so exciting and humbling to climb up waterfalls and volcanoes--I'm so excited for us to explore Colombia and all it's amazing nature!

Amazon Jungle, Ecuador
Paracas, Peru


Amazon Jungle, Ecuador











Colca Canyon, Peru

Banos, Ecuador



Cotopaxi volcano, Ecuador







Amazon Jungle, Ecuador

We've been to many naturally gorgeous places but I have to say, the ruins and cities that we've seen have also been breathtaking. 

Machu Picchu, Peru was a huge highlight because of the beautiful balance of nature and man's creation. 
Quito, Ecuador was such a pretty city. The houses on the hill were painted in pastels and bright colors. These hues contrasted with the gorgeous green that was everywhere--I liked it a lot.
Ollantaytambo, Ecuador was such a cute town. It had an environmental feel to it because it was built right into the mountains and had a river of clear water running throughout the cobblestone streets.



No comments:

Post a Comment