1.19.2017

Teaching Metaphor


Create a  metaphor for teaching or teaching/learning? Post your description and a visual response on the blog.

Image result for teaching metaphor gardner


The Classroom as a Garden and the Students are as growing Flowers

A metaphor for teaching that I've always resonated with is acting as a gardener.

Being a teacher is like having a group of students who are your precious plants in your garden. You feel invested in them as you would your growth. I see my students as having incredible abilities and skills that when guided in the right direction, they will bloom and grow.

They are in the classroom, the garden, to learn and grown to be the very best they can be. As a teacher I need to keep the students free of weeds(intense criticism) and bugs(degrading atmosphere). I need to provide my students with water(resources to thrive) and enough sunlight(praise and confidence). I feel like I can help my students grow by guiding them on the right path.



No comments:

Post a Comment