9.17.2014

punching cancer in the face



this summer was unforgettable to say the least.

lots of smiles, good loud laughs, memories, tears, heartbreak, fresh starts and new beginnings.

my little bigger brother JJ is now Elder Brimhall, serving his LDS mission in the Philippines for 2 whole years. he is such an example of selflessness and unconditional love. we are so excited to skype him in december and catch up on his mission life!

my family helped me coordinate and teach a week long art camp for kids in our area. basically combining my two favorite things: art and kids=BEST WEEK EVER!
those kiddos created such wonderful pieces of art it made my soul sing.
NYC was rad too. JJ and i just ran around the city doing whatever we wanted. like eating street hot dogs and playing in FAO Schwartz.


so summer was grand.
now were back to school and life and work and responsibilities!

on a different note, there are lots of changes happening right now.
sarah's got cancer now. so there's that. my sister. my 22 year old health fanatic sister has Hodgkin's lymphoma.
my whole life seems to be spinning, speeding up and slowing down at the same time.
we're coping with it, whatever that means. for me that means lots of crying, hugging, laughing and writing. 
so here we go, let's punch cancer in the FACE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment